5 Literary Events We’re Looking Forward To This Week (10/10/2017)
This week’s list of literary events is kick-starting the Halloween spirit! Readings range from the intergalactic to exploring death to celebrating Indie authors and publishers.
We love to see our readers enjoying themselves at an event we curated, so give us a shout on social media and we just might re-blog your post!
(1) Thursday, October 12th, 2017 – POPE BROCK Reading @ Print Bookstore, Portland, ME, 7:00pm, FREE
The Earth is getting hotter, the Arctic is melting faster, and North Korea is going nuclear, perhaps it’s time to prepare for relocating to the moon—you know, post-Earth’s destruction. Join armchair voyager of intergalactic space, Pope Brock, as he reads from his latest book, Another Fine Mess: Life on Tomorrow’s Moon, and offers cheeky insight and tips on how to survive over yonder.
Prepare for your intergalactic mission by clicking here.
(2) Friday, October 13th, 2017 – Let’s Talk About Death @ Voodoo Lounge Underground, Brooklyn, NY, 7:00pm
Let’s skip all the horrible, guaranteed-box office-flops coming to a theater near you this Friday the 13th, and let’s talk about death instead. The Voodoo Lounge Underground and host Alicen Grey are scheduling a “night of conversation about humanity’s greatest fear.” Enjoy an evening of performances by featured artists, discussion and writings on interpretations of Death, and an open mic!
Let’s learn about death by clicking here.
(3) Saturday, October 14th, 2017 – CHELSEY CLAMMER Reading @ Book People, Austin, TX, 6:00pm, FREE
Come see Chelsey Clammer, winner of the 2015 Red Hen Press Nonfiction Award for her lyric essay collection Circadian, at Book People! Clammer will be joined by Tatiana Ryckman, author of I Don’t Think of You (Until I Do).
Find out more information here.
(4) Saturday, October 14th, 2017 – Indie Author Day with SIEL JU and others @ Los Angeles Public Library – Junipero Serra Branch, Los Angeles, CA, 3:00pm, FREE
Celebrate Indie publishers and authors on Indie Author Day at the Los Angeles Public Library! The event features Red Hen’s Siel Ju, winner of 2015 Red Hen Press Fiction Award for her hit Cake Time, and many others. The day’s itinerary includes poetry/fiction readings, a film screening, stand-up comedy, and music performances.
Click here for more information.
(5) Monday, October 16th, 2017 – CYNTHIA HOGUE at Boudreaux Visiting Writers Series @ USC Dornsife, Los Angeles, CA, 12:00pm, FREE
The Boudreaux Visiting Writers Series features Cynthia Hogue at the USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts, & Sciences for a luncheon and an afternoon of poetry. Ms. Hogue has published four books with Red Hen; her most collection of poetry is In June the Labyrinth.
Find more details here.