Los Angeles Independent PublishingKate Gale, offers poetry readings, poetry contests, book awards, and more.
Letters from a Young Fatherby: Edoardo Ponti
Publication Date: June 2018
Shop: IndieBound, Barnes & Noble
Becoming a parent changes everything. Fear and love live together. Suddenly there is a person in the world for whom you want happiness and safety, even when those two don't coincide. This book is forty letters written by Edoardo Ponti to his unborn child during the forty weeks of his wife's pregnancy. These poems are gifts, lessons, slices of joy, maps for how we build a life, for how we work and learn, how we love, and how we remember.
Edoardo Ponti is a film director. This is his first book of poetry.
Film and awards:
Between Strangers (2002)
- Newport Beach Film Festival: Special Achievement First Time Filmmaker (2003)
Away We Stay (2010)
Coming & Going (2011)
The Nightshift Belongs to the Stars (2012)
- Capri Short Cut Award (2012)
- Italian National Syndicate of Film Journalists: Special Silver Ribbon (2013)
- Tribeca Film Festival: Jury Award: Best Narrative Short (2013)
Human Voice (2014)
- 2014 Cannes Film Festvial: Official Selection
- Tribeca Film Festival: Nominated for Jury Award: Best Narrative Short (2014)
All Red Hen Titles by Author:
Letters from a Young Father