#ChickenFeat – a 25th Anniversary Contest Series!
- Every month we will introduce a new contest. It may be a caption contest, a photography contest, a quiz or a trivia contest! Keep your eye on your inboxes and on Red Hen’s social media accounts for the latest updates.
- The judge of the contest will be a different Red Hen Press staff member every month!
- Every submission gives you one entry to win a bundle of Red Hen books that will change every month! Depending on the contest, multiple entries may give you multiple chances to win!
- Submissions will be accepted via social media and email sent to email@example.com with the subject line [MONTH] #ChickenFeat. Submissions close on the 20th of every month.
- Winners will be announced on the 25th of every month. New contests will be announced on the first of every month.
- Contests will run monthly until September 25.
- Winners of the monthly contest will then be entered into a pool to win the Grand Prize of two (2) complimentary tickets to our annual Champagne Benefit at the end of October or the equivalent value in books and broadsides.
Please include your full name and your email address with your entry so we know how to reach you!
Judge: Monica Fernandez, Media Manager
Monica started at Red Hen Press as a Marketing and Publicity intern in September 2017, and moved into the position of Media Manager in February 2018, overseeing the Media and Publicity for Red Hen and its titles. She graduated from the University of California, Irvine cum laude with a Bachelor’s of Arts in English in 2013, and most recently graduated from City University London with a Masters of Arts in Creative Writing and Publishing in 2015.She has also had several short fiction and creative nonfiction pieces published in places such as The Chaffey Review, Rind Literary Magazine, Scribendi, The Left Coast Review, Creepy Gnome, and Slush Pile Magazine’s Envy anthology.
Prize: In honor of Black History Month, we’re proud to present a few of our favorite African American poets!
Testify by Douglas Manuel
how to get over by t’ai freedom ford
The book of Training by Colonel Hap Thompson by Percival Everett
There Are No Names for Red by Chris Abani and Percival Everett
Confessions of a Barefaced Woman by Allison Joseph
Red Channel in the Rupture by Amber Flora Thomas
Suck on the Marrow by Camille Dungy
Patter by Douglas Kearney
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a witty caption for the photo above by February 20th! One entry per person. This month’s judge will pick their favorite and announce the winner on February 25th!