Fundraising Benefit Intern
The Fundraising Benefit Intern will work with the Benefit Coordinator to plan and organize Red Hen Press’s largest fundraiser of the year: the 24th Benefit Champagne Luncheon, which will take place in late October 2018. The Red Hen benefit annually attracts over three hundred attendees, including some of the nation’s most acclaimed authors. This internship is intended for applicants seeking hands-on experience in event planning, fundraising, and PR for a nonprofit arts organization.
Intern duties may include, but are not limited to:
- soliciting and liaising with media and corporate sponsors
- soliciting auction donations
- helping with invite list and invitations
- creating baskets/packages for auction
- creating social media posts relating to the benefit
- working with production department to design and create items for event
- tracking donations made & tables/seats purchased
- providing general event planning support (data entry, filing, scanning, database maintenance, etc.)
Thanks to the generous support of the Los Angeles County Arts Commission, Red Hen Press is able to support one full-time Fundraising Benefit Intern, who will be paid $13.25/hr, for Summer 2018. Applicants MUST be able to commit to working 40 hours per week for a consecutive ten-week period between June 4, 2018 and August 24, 2018, and MUST meet all other LACAC Arts Internship eligibility criteria.
- MUST be a currently enrolled community college student (community college students graduating Spring 2018 are acceptable)
- Any major acceptable; minimum 3.5 GPA preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Have an upbeat and polite personality, strong written and verbal communications skills, the ability to maintain deadlines, the ability to multitask, and a willingness to learn
- Have an interest in and/or knowledge of literature
- Previous knowledge of/experience in event planning or fundraising desired but not required
- Must reside or attend college within Los Angeles County
- Must have completed at least one semester by June 1, 2018
- Must be legally able to work in the United States
Applicants are NOT eligible if they have previously served as interns in the Los Angeles County Arts Internship Program.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter (PDF or .doc/.docx only) to email@example.com, with the subject line “Fundraising Benefit Internship.”
If you have any questions about the internship or application process, please email Robyn Popp, Development Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.