Become a Red Hen Press Book Angel!
“It was my pleasure to be a Book Angel for Steve Almond’s Bad Stories. We invite each of you to be an Angel for each of Red Hen’s 2019 titles.“
—Ann Beman, Executive Board Chair
What is a Book Angel?
Book Angels are passionate book lovers who want to see independent publishing thrive. They believe in the transformative power of literature and in the necessity of diversifying the national literary conversation. They are tastemakers who champion excellent and emerging voices. Most of all, they play an integral role in supporting Red Hen’s pursuit of literary excellence by helping to support the production of an upcoming title.
How does it work?
- You select the upcoming Red Hen title that’s right for you. (If you need help deciding, we’re always happy to provide recommendations!)
- Support all or part of the cost of your title’s production ($1,000+)
- In return, receive:
- Acknowledgement on your title’s copyright page
- Acknowledgement here on Red Hen’s website
- A signed copy of your book
- Invitations to exclusive Book Angel events
- And more!
Thank you to our current Angels:
- Ann Beman
- Deborah C. Schneider
- Jim Tilley